Thursday, August 19, 2010

Settling in

I recently received my housing assignment, and I'm quite nervous about the commute. It's about an hour and a half by train and bus to Copenhagen. Which means I have to wake up at 6 am on a Monday! Craziness. What a change from rolling out of bed 20 minutes before class to skip to Wishart.  On the bright side, I will be able to get a lot of homework done. And, I do have a single...I'm not sure if this is a good thing yet...


My residence is Grundtvigs Højskole in Hillerød. A Højskole is a mixture between a liberal arts college and an independent high school. Some 60-90 Danes come and study subjects that actually interest them and aren't graded unlike our PG year. So they want to be there! We should have these in the US.


If you're interested, here the link to my new home http://grundtvigs.dk/ 
It seems very pretty and kinda reminds me of Nobles (my high school).


Photos from the site


Skolen udefra  Skolen udefraNy fløj

No comments:

Post a Comment