Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How Long Have I Been Here?

I can't begin to describe these past three rainy days. It seems like a month since I've left. 


My fear of commuting was quickly over come and replaced with a fear of eating in the communal kitchen (which gives you the feeling of camping). Then there are the spiders. Their sizes range from teeny-tiny to ones that fit in the palm of your hand. I even woke up from a dream about spiders invading my bed. I'll have to post a few pictures; I've never seen so many spiders in one hallway. My first night I found 3 or 4 in my room and a giant moth in my lamp. This was definitely not what I was expecting. I guess thats what you get when you're greenhouse-y dorm. 

Before you get the idea that I hate Grundtvigs, I do enjoy the commute. 


Plus, we have a castle in our town...A REAL CASTLE! 
So thats pretty awesome! 

The locals are very friendly and helpful. Most of the people here speak English and if they don't they really try to help you find your way to class or to the market. They are pretty different from Americans but it's pretty easy to catch on, if you pay attention. Sadly, We haven't met the Danes who live with us yet, so I'm pretty excited to see how that goes. 

Theres so much more to tell but I have to go make dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment