Sunday, September 5, 2010

I know! It's been a week and I haven't posted anything (as my father so nicely pointed out)...but I have a ton of photos and a ton of homework  (so guess which one wins). I think once I get back from Jutland (Mainland of Denmark) I'll have more time before I head off to Czech Republic and Sweden. I think its clear to say that I'm having a ton of fun here.
But quickly heres a small update about Friday
I finally met my visiting family in Borup.  They were a special treat. I was specifically placed there because of the  mother's request for an African American female. It was the sweetest thing! Her daughter was adopted from the US and she's never had a Black American female role model in Denmark. They are the sweetest people ever! The daughter is 16 and the son is 13 (i think). They remind me so much of my childhood friend's family. It really makes me miss my home too.  But for now,  I'll have them and they seem very excited to get to know me and I'm even more excited to show her how to take care of her hair and whatever else my mother has taught me growing up! How can you do that in 3-4 months. It's quite nerve racking! I should have brought some Soul Food with me now!!
 I also can't help but find this so ironic. At school, I'm not even "black enough" to be useful in BSA or to hang out with that crowd. Life is funny...

I guess, we'll see how this goes.


Miss you all so much!

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment